Saturday, October 26, 2013

Breakfast in Exxes and Ohhs Kitchen

The holidays are just around the corner and that means two things: 
you're probably going to have a lot of out-of-town family guests staying in your 
house and they're probably going to expect you to cook for them. Isn't 
family just the greatest! (Chuckles...)

 Today I made a delicious breakfast casserole that I'm going to 
share with you and help relieve some of the stress of cooking during your holiday. 
It's perfect for serving a large amount of people and the best part about it is...
It's QUICK and EASY! 


Let's talk about the ingredients first. Super easy! Your base ingredients are going 
to be the egg and the cheese. From there you can add in whatever fun flavors you want.
Get creative! For mine I used ortega chilies, cheese, ham, onion, a sprinkle of oregano,
and cottage cheese (I know...sounds weird, but it's super yummy). These were
just the ingredients that I had in my refrigerator. Some other possible ingredient options 
are tomato, spinach, bell peppers, olives, basil, potatoes, bacon, etc. 


I estimated the amount of each my ingredients to my liking. I used:
5 eggs
1 (18 oz.) carton of egg substitute
1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 cup ham (chopped)
1 small can (4oz.) ortega chilies
1/2 of a large onion (chopped)
A dash of oregano


Once you have chosen your ingredients, beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
Mix in all ingredients and stir until all ingredients are mixed in. 


Pour egg mixture into an oven dish of your preference. I used a shallow circular
casserole dish. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake casserole for 25-35 minutes.
Allow eggs to firmly set and top to get golden brown. 
When done cooking, let it sit for 10-15 minutes to cool.


Voila, here is the finished product! Serve with some fresh fruit, coffee and orange juice 
and your out-of-towner's will be coming back for more next year. 
Uh-oh.... Good luck ;)

Enjoy!
Exxes and Ohhs

4 comments:

  1. uggggh yummy! *drooling* I thought you're going to make a carbonara haha

    marielardrgz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so tasty! Thank you for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful recipe...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa, that's so sweet of you! Of course I will follow you:)

      Delete