Monday, October 21, 2013

Bobbing for Apples with Lauren Conrad

I wanted to share this recipe with our X&O lovers because it is honestly to die for! If you haven't tried it yet, it's a must. So basically, instead of making an apple pie with boring old flour as the crust, use cinnamon rolls. It's much, much, much easier than making your own homemade crust and it has so much more flavor! Lauren Conrad featured it on her blog not too long ago, so you know it's delicious!


     
My best friends' birthday was this past week so I finally had a reason to bake this beauty and taste the hype. Definitely kicked my healthy eating to the curb that weekend! 

Here are a few helpful tips:
You'll notice in Lauren's picture, the cinnamon rolls are not as flattened as in my picture. I prefer a thin crust pie so I chose to use a rolling pin to thin the cinnamon rolls. I also molded the cinnamon rolls to carry on up the side of the pie dish so that I could make a dainty looking crust. So, keep this in mind when baking yours. Also, the recipe calls for apple spice in the filling, if you don't have that ingredient, get creative! You can use cinnamon and other spices. Just make sure to still use the lemon juice. It keeps the apples from browning and also gives it a tasty flavor. 


Enjoy,






No comments:

Post a Comment