Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Beauty Tip of the Day


DREAMS AND SILK
BEAUTY TIP OF THE DAY:

Have you ever gone to bed with perfectly smooth and tamed hair
and then woken up only to find you suddenly grew a
lions mane over night? 
Don't worry, you're not alone and lucky for you... I have the cure. 

I recently discovered the joys of over-processed hair. After bleaching my
hair three times in one month, I returned home from my hair
stylist and realized my hair was literally falling out. Well, that's what I 
thought anyways...
It turns out that it was just extremely bad breakage.
Nevertheless, I knew I had to start taking care of my hair and that
meant no blow-drying, no over-washing and no straightening.

I wanted to make sure I was doing all that I could to restore
those beautiful long locks that I once had, so I made sure I was aware of 
every little thing that would hurt or benefit my hair. 
While the internet was quite helpful, I learned the best
tip from my grandmother who told me that cotton pillow cases soak the
moisture and natural oils out of your hair that help keep your hair
healthy, in turn, drying it out. 

Grandmothers secret cure: resting that pretty head on a silk pillow case.

Not only does the silk help retain the moisture in your hair and alleviate
split ends,  it also helps eliminate that God awful unwanted bed head
that we all know so well. 

While a silk pillow case may be a bit more costly than the average
cotton pillow case, it is well worth it! 
There are many different places you can purchase this hair savior.
Just search around!
I purchased mine online at Soft Surroundings for $39.95

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment